Saturday, January 7, 2012

Days 2- 5 on Daniel Fast

Well, as soon as I went back to subbing and interning, my time for blogging decreased immensely. Kirk and I have been doing well on the fast thus far - and only 4 more days to go (after today)!
I did not have temptation to eat to many things not on the fast - that is until I was surrounded with chocolate, cookies, and other things filled with sugar. When I was subbing and interning this week all those things were everywhere in the schools! Usually, I just eat things like that whenever I want, and so I had to remind myself several times that I cannot have that food. It taught me to be thankful for the food that I can eat.
We have discovered some seriously really delicious food that we plan to continue to make even after the fast - just we might add some cheese! ;)
We have experienced some wonderful and rich conversations throughout the past week that we have really missed for the past several months, maybe even a year or so. That has been the biggest blessing thus far during the fast.
I don't know if I have had spiritual revelations or anything throughout the fast - but there are times when I feel so excited and I have no idea why. My thought is that I am just excited for what God is going to do in 2012. I know He has wonderful plans for us, and I feel that He will bless us for being obedient and seeking Him. Our thought is that the beginning of every new year we will do the Daniel fast - to give our first fruits to the Lord every year, to give the year to Him and seek Him! Plus - what better time to do this fast than in January - tons of delicious fruits are in season!! :)
We are looking forward to the next 4 days to finish strong.... we are also looking forward to having coffee in the morning, dairy products, and sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment