Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 1 Down!

Well Day 1 on the Daniel Fast was not so bad!
Probably helped that we were home all day and football was on.... and we were still able to eat Chipotle (brown rice, black beans, tomato salsa, lettuce, and guacamole) and it actually tasted pretty amazing still!
We are realizing that breakfasts are the most challenging since we have dairy of some sort every morning. Last night after making a delicious stir-fry for dinner I set out to make muffins for the next 2 mornings. These are not your typical muffins but they were pretty tasty with pineapple and orange peel in them!
This morning I have been working on making homemade crackers... much more difficult than it seems. Our poor food processor has almost had it with me after making 2 batches of crackers and hummus... yikes!
Yesterday I had a headache for most of the day, which is to be expected but I am not sure if it's from the detox process or if it's from the cold that I am still recovering from.
Today I feel very tired, but eating fruit seems to give me bursts of energy! My concern now is that I will be making food constantly at night and not have time for the Lord... which is the point of this 10 day fast. Hopefully I can get making all this food down pat and it will go more smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment